Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Things of Wonder

Things of wonder


I wonder if people know the Kangaroo and Emu were chosen for the Arms because neither can take a step backwards.
I wonder about the practice of releasing on bail, mentally unstable individuals who have a string of offences. I wonder if that process needs review.
I wonder about the attitude of an individual’s rights being equally applied to all.
I wonder if asylum refugees should be provided opportunity to re-offend the laws and morality of the land that allows them to remain in the land they chose to nurture them.
I am in wonder at the generosity of spirit, inclusiveness and the understanding of #ILLRIDEWITHYOU.
I am in wonder at the depth of openhearted support that flows from true Australians, from every walk of life. 
I wonder too, at the proven professionalism and effectiveness of the authorities we give power to.
I wonder at the bravery of a café manager and of a young barrister who attempt to protect others, at their own ultimate cost.


I am in awe from a distance. 
I am there in my sorrow and respect.

No comments: